BJ Trace is installed alongside any of the Boldon James Client Software.
To run the tool, double click the BJTrace.exe icon located at: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Boldon James\Logging\BJTrace.exe.
General steps for gathering a BJ trace log are included below:
1. Open BJ Trace go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Boldon James\BJTrace (if you’re using 32bit Office on 64bit OS, go to Program Files (x86) instead)
2. Click on New icon and select either Classifier (for Office or email Classifier) or File Classifier.
3. Click on the options icon. Set the logging level to DATA and apply the changes.
4. Click on New icon and select Config Manager.
5. Click on the options icon. Set the logging level to DATA and apply the changes.
6. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each additional component* you would like to gather a BJ trace log for.
7. Click the clear icon. The logs should now be empty.
8. Reproduce the issue you have been experiencing note the time and then in the BJTrace tool.
9. Select File > save for each of the logs which have been generated.
10. Report the logs to email@example.com