1. OPEN SSL should be installed/available on the machine where Apache Web server is installed and a private key needs to be generated.
2. OPEN SSL binaries can be downloaded from the following website if not already installed.
3. Private key is required for generating a CSR. Click here for steps to create a private key.
Steps to be followed to generate CSR for Apache webserver:
1. Enter the following command to generate a CSR (SHA256) from the private key.
openssl req -out subdomain.domain.com.csr -key subdomain.domain.com.key -new -sha256
If you encounter the above error, add "-config" switch to the existing command and specify the openssl.cnf path. Move to step 2.
2. Generate CSR with -config switch.
openssl req -out subdomain.domain.com.csr -key subdomain.domain.com.key -new -sha256 -config "C:\Apache24\conf\openssl.cnf"
3. Verify the CSR if it is generated correctly by using the following command.
openssl req -in subdomain.domain.com.csr -config "C:\Apache24\conf\openssl.cnf" -noout -text
Look for the following line in the command output "Signature Algorithm: sha256WithRSAEncryption" to verify if the CSR has the correct signature.
Or you can go to the following website and verify the CSR.
CSR file can be opened in a notepad.
4. Share the CSR with the SSL vendor to get the SSL certificate.
Need more help?
Contact Seclore Support
email@example.com | Chat Live