1. OPEN SSL should be installed/available on the machine where Apache Web server is installed and a private key needs to be generated.
2. OPEN SSL binaries can be downloaded from the following website if not already installed.
Steps to be followed to generate a private key for Apache Web server:
1. Open a command prompt with Administrator privilege.
2. Set OPENSSL environment variable using the following command.
set OPENSSL_CONF="C:\Apache24\conf\openssl.cnf" (press enter).
The cursor should move to the next prompt if the command is successful.
3. Generate a private key:
First navigate to the directory where OpenSSL is installed and run the following command.
Note: The domain name will change as per customer requirement.
openssl genrsa -out subdomain.domain.com.key 2048
A unique private key will be generated at the same location as noted above.
4. Your private key is ready and now can be copied over to the Apache's conf/ssl directory.
In case of any issues, please contact Support.
Need more help?
Contact Seclore Support
email@example.com | Chat Live